A woman was hospitalised three times in a week after being bitten on the thigh by a spider lurking under the loo seat.
Jo Kenyon had to have a huge blister caused by the creature – thought to be a false widow – popped by docs.
The radio producer then had to twice return to A&E to have it drained, and by her third visit the pain was so severe she struggled to walk and sleep.
The 34-year-old said: “The doctors said that if I hadn’t come in straight away then the bite could have led to sepsis and possibly killed me.
“It was really painful to walk for the first few days and then it hurt for weeks whenever I tried to sit down. I’ve been terrified of spiders all my life.”
Jo, from Leeds, had just woken up and stumbled to the loo when she felt a burning sensation on her left thigh. She said: “The only way I can describe it is, it was like when you brush past somebody who is holding a lit cigarette.
“It was such a sudden and strange burning sensation I jumped up thinking, ‘What the hell was that?’
“I lifted the toilet seat and saw this massive spider underneath it.
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
“I screamed instantly, managed to knock it into the bowl and flushed it straight away. It was so huge, a real big bugger. It completely freaked me out.”
Jo called 111 and was told to go immediately to A&E at Otley Hospital due to the risk of infection.
She added: “It was really scary knowing a spider bite could have killed me… especially in England.”
Source: Read Full Article