Tulsa shooting suspect went into hospital to kill doc ‘who didn’t fix back pain’

The Tulsa shooting suspect stormed into hospital to "kill doctor who didn't fix his back pain," a shocking note has revealed.

Four people were killed when suspect Michael Louis opened fire at the Natalie Building at St Francis Hospital in Oklahoma on Wednesday with "the intent to kill" his surgeon Dr Preston Phillips, police said.

An alleged botched back surgery was the tipping point for the suspect according to a note left behind by Louis, which blamed Dr Phillips for the ongoing pain he experienced after his surgery, investigators revealed yesterday (Thursday).

Dr Phillips was killed along with Dr Stephanie Husen, receptionist Amanda Glenn and patient William Love. It is understood Louis then turned the gun on himself.

Fewer than 10 others were injured, authorities said.

Louis' niece told The Daily Beast: “Tulsa Police called me and verified that it’s my uncle.

“We are so distraught.”

The family member declined to be named, citing the “heinous” nature of the crime and said she was "so disgusted" that she doesn't want to be associated with him.

“It’s just so shocking…those innocent people, that’s what I’m hurting about.”

“This is really crazy…No one in our family, like nobody in our family, has this type of behaviour. No one."

Officials have yet to disclose what Louis' note said.

He reportedly went into the hospital for a back surgery on May 19, which was performed by Dr Phillips.

But over the course of several weeks, Louis called Phillips' office multiple times complaining of back pain and sought further treatment, Tulsa PD Chief Wendell Franklin said.

Dr Phillips saw the suspect for additional treatment on May 24, but the pain allegedly continued.

He called again on June 1 wanting more help.

That same day, Chief Franklin said Louis legally purchased an AR-15-style rifle two hours before he went to St Francis Hospital with the "intent to kill Phillips and anyone who got in the way."

At a press conference, Tulsa PD said the shooter's wife called police and said her husband contacted her either right before the shooting or during the shooting to let her know what he was doing.

He also bought a semi-automatic handgun on May 29 from a local pawn shop.

As officers entered the second floor of the Natalie Building at about 4.58pm and began shouting "Tulsa police," they said they heard a gunshot which they believe was Louis taking his own life.

They recovered a total of 37 casings from both guns from the crime scene.

In a press conference after the shooting, Dr Ryan Parker said: “To the family of Mr Love, I’m so sorry we couldn’t save you.”

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article