An Austrian man has been stung to death by a swarm of hornets after they reportedly attacked him in remote mountains.
The man, known only as Erich K, was allegedly attacked on August 19 while he sheltered in a wooden hunting stand.
He was a professional furniture maker and had been out hunting around the Poppendorf-Bergen area in the town of Heiligenkreuz im Lafnitztal in the Austrian state of Burgenland.
READ MORE:Putin's pal reveals UK targets for Kinzhal missiles strikes if Britain joins war
The 58-year-old was found unresponsive, rolling in and out of consciousness, by emergency services who received his call after he managed to escape the gang of vicious insects.
Despite managing to get away, the interaction still cost him his life and died in hospital from his injuries.
Officials said: "Erich called a colleague by cell phone and briefly told him what had happened."
A hornets’ nest was found close to where he died.
Speaking on Sunday, inspectors said: "There are two cable holes in the wood on the back, which serve as an entrance and exit for the insects. They buzz around wildly.
"The hornets react immediately to jerky, fast movements. No one dares to get too close to them."
Meghan Markle fans told 'fasten your seatbelts' as long-awaited podcast finally drops
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Tributes have poured in for Erich, the Mirror reports, with a pal saying: "Erich was a man with 100% handshake qualities. His tragic death hits us all hard."
Another said: "We will miss Erich terribly!"
While a hornet’s sting isn’t a definite killer, they can cause some people to have very specific reactions.
Multiple stings can be far more harmful.
- Russia and China 'prepared to go further' with AI weapons for WW3 advantage, expert says
- Russian arms fair shows off chilling robot dog with huge RPG strapped to its back
- Grandad's doorbell cam captures woman with legs spread outside influencer hotspot home
- UFO expert tells how 'dark forces were at work' to sabotage Calvine investigation
- Bloke told to 'get a divorce' after people share horror at wife's first ever fry up
Source: Read Full Article