The Queen is desperate for a new start and wants the Royal Family's "Magnificent 7" to “put on a united front” to herald a new dawn for the monarchy, it has been reported.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's divorce from The Firm was finalised this week, and now Her Majesty, 94, has given the go-ahead for the seven senior royals to take up public engagements as soon as possible.
Dubbed the “Magnificent Seven” by Palace officials, it is hoped Prince Charles and wife Camilla, Prince William and Kate, Princess Anne and Prince Edward and his wife Sophie will “put on a united front” to herald a new dawn for the monarchy, the Sunday People reports.
Royal sources have revealed how the Queen wants to draw a line under a tumultuous period.
Harry and Meghan had their remaining honorary titles removed on Friday, when Her Majesty suggested a "life of public service" is not compatible with the couple's lucrative new career in America.
The statement from Buckingham Palace, which came a month before their Megxit arrangement was up for review, said the monarch was "saddened" by the choice and that the pair would remain "much loved members of the family".
This was followed by the Sussexes issuing their own statement, in which they declared: "We can all live a life of service. Service is universal".
Meghan Markle's Oprah interview 'will give Duchess her voice back' close friend claims
But the Queen now “considers the matter closed”, after her swift decision to strip Harry and Meghan of their last roles after they moved to the US.
The Duke and Duchess, as they will continue to be known, have rapidly secured “financial freedom”.
Last year they agreed contracts with Netflix to make documentaries and “original programmes” for a reported £100million as well as lifestyle podcasts with Spotify for £30million.
Top PR agent Mark Borkowski told the Sunday People: “Harry and Meghan need to look after themselves now they’re completely detached from the royal household.
“But it’s not just about money, it’s about power and influence and I’m sure Meghan’s ambitions politically over the next 20 to 30 years.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly already shot a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
But reports have suggested the interview will now reportedly be re-edited because they "didn't see it coming" that they would have their royal patronages removed and "spoke as they still had roles to play".
Source: Read Full Article