One swan stoned to death and two injured in ‘appalling incident of cruelty’

A swan has been brutally killed and two others seriously injured in what has been slammed as an "appalling incident of cruelty".

Police have arrested a juvenile male on suspicion of the twisted attack at a lagoon at Rhyl Golf Club, Denbighshire in Wales on Sunday night.

A pair of young males were allegedly caught by the golf club's cameras at around 8pm with the CCTV seen by police also shared on social media, leaving animal lovers furious.

The authorities were made aware of the incident shortly before 8am on Monday, with the surviving swans taken to a local veterinary surgery for much-needed treatment.

Inspector Chris Jolley said: "This is an appalling incident of cruelty. We are working directly with the RSPCA and urge anyone who may be able to assist with our ongoing investigation to come forward.

"We are aware of footage that is currently circulating social media and would urge anybody who may have information, or who may be able to identify the two males, to contact us immediately via the live chat on the force website or via 101, quoting reference number Z061031."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Officers have now arrested a juvenile male from the Rhyl area in connection with the incident. He is currently in police custody is being interviewed by police and RSPCA officers.

Last year a serial swan killer was feared to be "on the loose" in Dorset after two birds were executed with a crossbow.

The first swan targeted by the sicko was spotted with an arrow lodged in its right wing on a boating lake in Poole Park.

Wildlife rescue volunteers waded into the water to recover the bird in a desperate bid to save it but it died a short time later.

Later that day a second swan was found with an arrow speared through its neck.

The sickening acts at the popular beauty spot left locals reeling and a joint investigation between the RSPCA and police was launched.

Source: Read Full Article