Melania Trump panic as FLOTUS vanishes following Trump supporter Capitol riots

Melania Trump leaves Florida on New Year’s Eve

The First Lady did not comment on the January 6 incident that saw supporters of Donald Trump storm Congress in Washington DC. Following the alarming incident, Mr Trump’s Twitter and Facebook account were suspended after allegations that there was a “risk of further incitement of violence.”

Ms Trump’s last activity on Twitter dates back to January 1 but has not used her social media platforms since.

She wrote: “Wishing everyone a #HappyNewYear!”May 2021 be filled with the blessings of joy, good health & peace throughout the year!”

The First Lady was also nowhere to be seen in footage emerged showing some members of the Trump family seemingly celebrating together as rioters prepared to invade the US Capitol.

She was criticised by a former friend and adviser over her silence regarding the civil unrest that left 5 dead.

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who is also the author of a controversial tell-all memoir about the First Lady, blasted Ms Trump over her “silence and inactions”.

Writing in the Daily Beast, Ms Wolkoff said she was “ashamed” to have ever been close to Ms Trump.

She wrote: “Every single MAGA mob rioter who stormed the US Capitol did so ‘at the direction of, and in coordination with’ President Trump, and it was an assault on human life and our great democracy.

“Unfortunately, our president and first lady have little, if any, regard for either.

“Everyone around them has stoked and massaged their egos and wittingly agreed to the falsehoods and poisonous lies, veiled as truths, that built this house of mirrors.”

Ms Wolkoff claimed she had been “an enabler” of Ms Trump, who she accused of using her while the pair worked together at the White House.

She added: “I take responsibility for being Melania’s enabler, and her using me became the basis of our friendship.

“I can’t believe how blind I was to the depth of her deception and lack of common decency.

DON’T MISS:
Donald Trump pardon: Can Donald Trump pardon himself? [SPOTLIGHT]
How Donald Trump will become fourth president to snub an inauguration [REVEAL]
Can Joe Biden REALLY unite the USA under socialism? [COMMENT]

“I wish I could say I was shocked by President Trump’s actions, but sadly I can not, or say I don’t comprehend Melania’s silence and inactions, but pathetically, they are both expected.”

Meanwhile, Mr Trump has lost access to his Twitter account in a move that a civil rights group claimed was “too little too late”.

Others calling for Mr Trump’s account to be suspended hailed the move from the social media giant, but his supporters claimed the suspension attempted against his freedom of speech.

Angelo Carusone, president of Media Matters for America, said an earlier response from the social platform could have avoided the unrest.

In a statement, he wrote: “These actions are long past due and appropriate. But, Twitter (and other platforms) doing this now is a lot like senior administration officials resigning with only days left – too little too late. Trump has repeatedly broken Twitter rules.”

Mr Carusone urged other social media services to mirror Twitter’s actions and ban the President from using their platform.

The head of the media watchdog also claimed Mr Trump’s first “call for violence” dated as far back as 2012 when former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney lost the election.

In a tweet, Mr Carusone wrote in a tweet: “1/ Donald Trump first issued a call for violence following Romney’s defeat in the 2012 election. It’s been 8 years since that first call for violence and many incitements since.”

Source: Read Full Article