Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have left son Archie at home in Canada to reduce the likelihood of him contracting the coronavirus, a royal expert has claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex landed in the UK today, without her son, to join Prince Harry at Buckingham Palace.
Her arrival marks the beginning of the end for the Sussexes, who will finally step down as senior members of the royal family after the Commonwealth Day service.
Prince Harry and Meghan will be in the UK for at least five days, but have chosen to leave baby Archie behind with his nanny.
The decision has been met with criticism from royal experts who have claimed the Queen would have been “disappointed” to learn her great-grandson had been left behind.
Meghan Markle returning to UK today for first time since royal family exit
Meghan Markle's Hollywood role ambitions met with laughter from baffled Joan Collins
Meghan and Harry are rumoured to have left Archie behind with his nanny so as not to disturb his sleeping pattern.
But royal expert Brittani Barger of Royal Central said believes Meghan left Archie behind to “do what’s best for him”.
Ms Barger pointed to the coronavirus as a contributing factor for Archie’s absence, and said the couple could have left him behind to limit his potential exposure to the disease
Brittani Barger, Deputy Editor of Royal Central, told Daily Star Online: “Each parent has to do what they feel is best for their child.
“With the coronavirus so widespread now, no one can blame them for wanting him to stay behind to limit his exposure chances.”
Queen defies coronavirus and ditches gloves at palace as UK outbreak spreads
Despite this, Ms Barger does not believe Meghan will take a leaf out of the Queen’s book and wear gloves to protect herself at the Commonwealth ceremony.
Several world leaders have opted to ditch handshakes in favour of no hand contact greetings and on Tuesday Her Majesty opted to wear gloves at a Buckingham Palace event.
Over 80% of Brits are expected to contract the disease in the "next four to six weeks" and officials have confirmed 90 cases of the disease.
But the monarch defied the virus on Wednesday, by putting away the gloves and greeting audiences at her London residence gloveless.
Meghan Markle 'too good' for Royal Family says top author in withering attack
During her five-day trip Meghan has reportedly made secret plans for her and her husband which will be announced under-the-radar and after the event.
Meghan is also thought to have her own plans in the works, the publication reports, and is “expected to run her own series of private engagements”.
The Duchess and Duke of Sussex are in London for the annual Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House, an event which supports the achievements of injured or sick servicemen and women.
Her appearance will mark the first time Meghan has set foot on British soil since the bombshell Megixt announcement.
Source: Read Full Article