Man, 31, charged with murdering mum and two daughters in Nottingham house fire

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    A man has been charged with murder after 28-year-old Fatoumatta Hydara and her two daughters died from injuries sustained in a house fire in Clifton, Nottingham.

    Nottingham Police have charged Jamie Barrow, 31, with the murder of the young family which included Fatoumatta's young daughters, Naeemah Drammeh and Fatimah Drahmmmeh, aged one and three.

    The family were the target of an arson attack at their flat in Fairisle Close, Clifton, Nottingham, in the early hours of Sunday (November 20).

    Fatoumatta was taken to hospital and put on life support but tragically died on Tuesday (November 22).

    Barrow also from Clifton, had initially been arrested on Sunday night, was due to be released on Thursday evening before detectives got an extension to his custody time limit.

    The fire was put out at around 4am and nearby properties were temporarily evacuated during the blaze.

    Fatoumatta's husband, Aboubacarr Drammeh, 40, who is also the father of the daughters visited the scene after arriving back from the US.

    Speaking about the tragedy, he said: “It is with great sadness that we have lost Fatoumatta and our two daughters in such a tragic way.

    “Fatoumatta had lived a short but a very beautiful and fulfilling life. A former voluntary worker, Fatoumatta was a very happy, bubbly woman who wouldn’t have the heart to hurt a fly.

    “It is therefore inconceivable to think who might have committed this cruel crime against my family.

    “We thank the Ahmadi Muslim community in Nottinghamshire, the Gambian community, the local neighbours and all those well-wishers for their continuous support in this difficult time.

    “I and my in-laws are left without any daughters, grandchildren and nieces. I will deeply miss my family.”

    Nottinghamshire Police confirmed there is no signs to indicate the attack was a “hate crime”.

    Detective Chief Inspector Mark Sinski, who is leading the probe, said: “The investigation is progressing well and we won’t stop until we have got justice for the family.

    “Officers have worked tirelessly since the early hours of Sunday morning, building up a picture of what happened on that fateful day.

    “This is an horrendous crime that has broken a family and had an immense impact on the Clifton community.”

    To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.

    • Breaking News
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Family
    • Fire

    Source: Read Full Article