Iceland shopper picks up stranger’s poo rummaging for chicken nuggets in freezer

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A shopper was left revolted when her hand got covered in human poo as she reached for frozen chicken nuggets in Iceland.

The horrified punter said the store apologised and offered here chocolate balls to say sorry after she was smeared with human faeces.

Mum-of-four Lynne McCabe said she was fuming after she put her hand in the freezer at Iceland’s Saltcoats store in Scotland, and pulled it out having accidentally fondled poo.

And the unhappy shopper only realised that there was excrement on the box of nuggets after her hand after she touched her nose, The Daily Record reports.

Lynne, from Kilwinning, said she was trying to buy the tasty chicken treats for her kids.

Instead the 35-year-old was left smelling with poo and had Iceland staff laughing and heaving.

Lynne said: "The smell was awful. I must have touched my nose after I put the nuggets in the basket. At first I didn't know where it was coming from but then I realised.

"I was disgusted and just glad my little girl hadn't touched it first."

Repulsed, the shopper told staff what had happened and she was quickly taken aback by their reaction.

“At first they laughed and then one was kind of heaving saying 'that's disgusting’”, she said.

“"They let me use the staff room to clean my hands.

"They did say sorry and gave me a box of Lindor chocolate balls as an apology. I mean come on, I'm covered in poo and they give me chocolate balls to say sorry?"

  • Couple save £750 by building DIY walk-in-wardrobe using B&Q and Dunelm buys

Lynne claims staff blamed an elderly woman who had been in the store earlier in the day for the mishap and said they would need to look at till receipts and CCTV to find out what had happened.

She said staff told her the woman was unwell and asked to use the toilet.

Lynne added: "They said she made a right mess and they had to clean it up.

"I was a bit shocked they hadn't closed the shop though.

"Surely if they knew there had been an accident they should have checked the place thoroughly."

Lynne believes the poorly woman must touched the box of chicken nuggets after her accident.

She added: "What else did she touch in the shop? I don't think they will have bothered to check.

  • The average adult cough ups nearly £1million in bills during their lifetime

"The situation was handled terribly by staff.

"Who knows what kind of germs that person had and just it was lying there for hours before it was cleaned."

After leaving the store. Lynne called Iceland Customer Service department to complain.

She received a call back from the area manager who said he had not been made aware of the situation.

Lynne added: "He offered me a £20 voucher, a bottle of wine and said there would be a few more freebies offered.

"Why the hell would I want to go back into the shop?"

Iceland said they are aware of the situation.

A spokesperson said: “Upon being made aware of the incident, we immediately made plans to close our store for deep cleaning. This has now been completed and our store is open as normal.

“We extend our apologies to the customer for the upset caused, and provided a gesture of goodwill in store.”

  • Iceland Supermarket

Source: Read Full Article