Forestry workers plan budget-day truck convoy, rally at B.C. legislature

Hundreds of people are expected to gather on the lawn and steps of the B.C. legislature Tuesday to support the province’s struggling forestry sector.

The rally comes as B.C.’s NDP government prepares to deliver its third provincial budget.

Forestry workers say they plan to drive a convoy of large trucks down to the legislature in a show of support.

“I think that sends a strong message that forestry is absolutely critical to the economics in our communities,” said Carl Sweet with the B.C. Forestry Alliance.

Sweet said about 30 per cent of coastal forests are currently available for logging, with the remaining 70 per cent either protected or restricted.

Source: Read Full Article