Brit toddler, two, drowns in swimming pool at Algarve holiday resort

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A two-year-old British girl has died after drowning in an Algarve swimming pool.

The tragedy occurred on Wednesday, March 10, at a house in the village of Tunes in the Portuguese municipality of Silves.

The victim's dad took her to a health centre in the city of Albufeira, Portugal, where she was pronounced dead.

The family affected are thought to be expats living in the country.

A police source said: “A British two-year-old girl died yesterday evening in a drowning.

“The accident occurred in a swimming pool at a property in Tunes in the municipality of Silves.

“The girl’s father took her to a health centre in Albufeira where she was pronounced dead.

“That was around 7pm on Wednesday.”

In July 2018, another British youngster drowned in an Algarve swimming pool.

The five-year-old child was pronounced dead after being pulled out of the water at a villa on a resort known as the Amendoeira resort near the historic town of Silves.

Emergency responders raced to the scene and practised CPR on the boy, who had been playing with two brothers, but were unable to save his life.

Medical sources and police confirmed at the time the youngster was a boy despite initial local reports saying the child was a girl.

One police source said his parents had discovered him when he was already unconscious.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

At the time, Foreign Office officials confirmed support was being provided to the family.

Just a week earlier, a six-year-old Belgian boy was sucked into a pool filer at a resort near the municipality of Azeitao in Portugal.

His parents tried to save him but “it was impossible to get him free”.

Portugal’s Public Ministry opened an investigation into the horrifying death.

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article