Nadhim Zahawi urges everyone to ‘be sensible’ during lockdown
Supermarkets customers have been told to “behave” to limit the risk of them becoming infected with the coronavirus while queuing or doing the shopping. Vaccine Minister Nadhim Zahawi signalled the Government may consider further action to restrict the risks of contagion as he urged Britons to be careful. Speaking to Sky News, Mr Zahawi said: “We are concerned that, for example, in supermarkets, we need to make sure people actually wear masks and follow the one-way system, and when they are at capacity to operate safely, people wait outside
“Our plea is to each and every one of us. These rules are not boundaries to be pushed against.
“These rules are there to try to make sure we bring the virus under control, reduce the pressure on the NHS, save lives.
“This virus loves social interaction, I know its hard, we’re all social animals but just think that every social interaction you might have that could be an incident of transmission.”
The Vaccine Minister continued: “The supermarkets have done a tremendous job and I want to compliment and thank them all for the incredible work they’ve done and also coming forward with offers for areas we can use for vaccination, hubs and others.
JUST IN: Labour Party group ask NHS workers to head to London to attack Boris despite Covid rules
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
“But ultimately, the most important thing to do now is to make sure enforcement and the compliance with the rules, when people are going into the supermarket, are adhered to.”
In further comments made during his Monday media round, Mr Zahawi said recent data had shown more people had been compliant with lockdown rules in January than they had in November.
Boris Johnson announced a new national lockdown on January 4 after the number of fresh coronavirus infection rocketed out of control in most of England.
Measures are expected to remain in place at least until February 15, when a review will take place, but members of Government have already suggested the rules may remain active until March.
READ MORE: Furlough alert: HMRC examines taxpayers phone & internet records in fraud investigations
Source: Read Full Article